- We strive to provide complete care for our patients. Learn more about all the services we provide.
Our Chiropractors in Bangor, ME Treats Your Shoulder Pain with Natural & Holistic Services
Our shoulder joints are among the most complex and mobile of the entire body. When dysfunction occurs, quality of life and daily activities can become seriously affected. At Back in Balance Wellness Center in Bangor, ME, our chiropractors rely on advanced training and clinical experience to help us create custom tailored treatment plans for people suffering from a variety of painful shoulder conditions.
Common Types of Shoulder Injury Managed with Chiropractic Care
- Tendonitis, Bursitis, and Impingement Syndrome: tendons connect muscles to bones, and bursae are fluid-filled sacs between tendons and bones to reduce friction. Sometimes due to overuse or poor mechanics, these tissues can become inflamed and irritated, leading to pain, and swelling.
- Shoulder Dislocation: If the top end of your upper arm moves partially or completely out of place within the shoulder socket, immediate pain and deformity can occur. Later, the shoulder may remain unstable and weak.
- Adhesive Capsulitis (Frozen Shoulder): Injury, illness, or infection at the shoulder can launch a progressive and drastic range of motion loss at the shoulder in this syndrome. The shoulder capsule becomes thick and stiff.
- Rotator Cuff Strain: Tears and strains in the micro-fibers of shoulder muscles can cause pain, weakness, and tenderness to touch in the shoulder.
- Osteoarthritis: Chronic joint inflammation and "wearing down" of the inner joint cartilage can cause significant pain and reduced mobility.
How a Chiropractor Evaluates & Treats Shoulder Pain
When you see a chiropractor in Bangor for shoulder pain, he'll use physical tests, history, and imaging as indicated to determine a diagnosis. Based on your symptoms and underlying causes, you'll be given a customized plan of care which may include spinal adjustments and joint mobilizations, which can restore joint alignment and trigger natural pain relief. We can also offer nutritional advice to control inflammation and ensure your tissues are getting all the healing nutrients they need.
These holistic services are even more effective when provided with adjunct services such as massage, acupuncture, and physical therapy exercises which can promote improved circulation, joint alignment, and rotator cuff strength.
Is Shoulder Pain Affecting Your Life? Get Drug-Free Relief at Back to Balance Wellness Center in Bangor, ME
Our team of chiropractors in Bangor, Brewer, Orono and Hampden ME is on a mission to help you choose health at every turn. If you're currently dealing with a painful or stiff shoulder, we invite you to contact the Back to Balance Wellness Center at 207-947-8077 to schedule an appointment with Dr. Robin W. Gooden, Dr. Daniel S. Robinson, or Dr. Shaun M. Briggs. We also offer acupuncture, nutrition, and massage, and physical therapy. Call today!