- We strive to provide complete care for our patients. Learn more about all the services we provide.
Back In Balance Wellness Center Offers Help For Neck Pain in Bangor, ME
Neck pain is a common problem that can be intermittent or chronic. The pain, stiffness, loss of motion and poor flexibility can negatively impact your ability to work and to enjoy simple pleasures like engaging in recreational activities or even socializing At Back In Balance Wellness Center, we can offer a variety of treatment modalities to help restore normal neck function.
Causes of Neck Pain
You can experience sudden neck pain as a result of muscle strain from athletic activities, from doing overhead tasks or from holding your head in the same position for a long period of time, such as when doing computer work. Tension or poor posture can lead to chronic neck discomfort. Whiplash from auto accident injury can cause ongoing neck pain, along with a headache and loss of range of motion. Disc problems of the upper spine can cause neck discomfort, along with degenerative conditions, such as arthritis.
Chiropractic Techniques Can Help Relieve Neck Pain
Your chiropractor in Bangor may do manual adjustment to re-align vertebrae and structures within the spine. Physical therapy is often used to strengthen muscles and improve range of motion. Massage therapy can help to improve circulation and healing in the soft tissues of the neck. If necessary, acupuncture can be used to relieve pain, without the use of strong drugs.
Tips For Preventing Neck Pain
You can take active measures to prevent neck discomfort and improve spinal function.
- Make sure your sleeping surface provides good support and your pillow cradles your head and neck at a natural angle.
- Adjust your work chair and computer monitor to reduce strain on the neck.
- Keep texting to a minimum, which puts a strain on neck structures.
- Use a headset instead of cradling the phone in the crook of your shoulder.
- When carrying weight, distribute it evenly to avoid putting a strain on one side of the body.
- Watch your posture when sitting and standing to maintain proper spinal alignment.
- Take time out of your day to stretch your neck and do a few neck exercises, to reduce strain on muscles.
Make Back In Balance Wellness Center In Bangor, ME Your Chiropractor For Neck Pain Treatment
The health professionals at Back In Balance Wellness Center use their extensive training and experience to improve the health and function of their patients in Bangor, ME and surrounding communities. We offer spinal adjustment, physical therapy, massage therapy, acupuncture, and other services to aid musculoskeletal problems, prenatal care, and pediatric care. Call Back In Balance Wellness Center today at 207-947-8077 for an appointment to learn more about the chiropractic methods that can help relieve your neck pain.